Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,007   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I can get industrial colorants superior to anything in the art store in terms of consistency, volume pricing, and even permanence - all already
    dispered (and yeah, doing that right is a whole other trick) - BUT I'm still fiddling with an ideal process set. Getting close, but there is always
    the possibility of some sort of incompatibility in the workflow. I'm not a pigment printer myself, so have to extrapolate some of the potential results until someone can do some hard testing. The real holy grail of transparent process colors is still a long ways off, but I do know of
    serious R&D interest in it. I personally inherited some of the finest watercolor pigments ever, which are also the purest and most lightfast I've
    ever seen, but nobody will ever be able to replicate these in even the modest volumes necessary to pigment printing. For example, you can
    buy exceptional grades of lapis blue if you know where to go, but it costs more per ounce than gold. I have enough trouble keeping my
    ceiling patched, and hardly have the income to decorate the ceiling of the Sistine!

CMB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I don't know if Richard Kaufman is still alive. He might be
    the last living link to carbro from back in its glory days.
    Richard Kauffman passed away in 1998. As you wrote, he was among the last living links to the heyday of the carbro print. Attached is a photo of Richard (on the left) along with Harry Baskerville, who was the director of the Carbro program at McGraw Colorgraph. The knowledge and experience these two men had of color carbro cannot be equalled today. I was supremely fortunate to have them as my guides to the process.

Charles Berger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RNK_HB.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin