Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,458   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

pancuronium bromide In photographic Applications

Can anyone suggest a legitimate use for Pancuronium Bromide in a photographic process?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't decide whether this has enormous comic potential or is simply in extremely bad taste ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Chemical formula: C35H60N2O4

Very doubtful it would have any legitimate purposes outside a hospital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why would you want to? The side effects listed here would be far too severe for casual darkroom use.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time... My flickr
    Peter Carter

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why ? Do you want to do a series about the death penalty and associated drugs? I think it's interesting that the stuff is banned for Vet use as it might hide pain (associated with suffocation etc...) but it's okay to use it for the death penalty. Humanity or more precisely the lack thereof always amazes me.

I doubt that it has any photographic use maybe as a substitute for other bromides but I don't know anything about pancuronium and its effect on photographic emulsions. You could try to make a small batch of emulsion and substitute the potassium bromide with pancuronium bromide. Or alternatively mix a film/paper developer and use pancuronium bromide instead of other bromides.
    If you do death penalty stuff the final chemical that is being administered is often used in photography potassium chloride.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The medical use of pancuronium bromide is as a muscle relaxant which permits a lighter degree of anesthesia and hence less risk during surgery. Without it more anesthetic would be needed to produce the required degree of relaxation. Particularly used in abdominal and thoracic surgeries.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gerald you are right but it is better known for its "non medical" use

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin