Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 868

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images

Pyrocat HD Used with Jobo tanks

Has anyone used Pyrocat HD to develop negatives (for Pt/Pd printing) in Jobo tanks? I am wondering as I was a bit confused at the numerous pyro formulations available and whether they can be used in a Jobo.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Pyrocat-HD in a Unicolor drum all of the time...assuming that the Jobo tank is going to be rotated (switching directions regularly), I'd assume that you'd get great results.

When I do 8x10 negatives for Azo, I use the Pyrocat-HD at 2:2:100 dilution. I'm sure Sandy King will chime in with more information if it's necessary.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have excellent results with a CPA machine and 3005, 3004 expert drums with Pyrocat HD. Got anything nice with the 210 or 420 yet? jg
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have also gotten very good results with Pyrocat-HD using a Jobo CPA machine using 3005, 3006, 3010 and the 2830 (for the 8x20's) I use the 2:2:100 dilution.

I'm not currently printing in Pt/Pd anymore so I can't comment about the stain color and how it effects printing times, but I have printed those negative on Azo and some softer grades of enlarging paper with very nice results.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Diane, while no expert or even much of a beginner with Pyrocat-HD, seems to recall reading that one of the reason Sandy came up with it was to use it with the various drum processing that is available. Others in the know will hopefully give you more details.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not yet, Jim. The lens boards are being drilled. I don't want them to fall off the camera. I'll let you know or post something.

Good to hear that the solution is usable in the Jobo. What kind of shelf life does HD have? Is it pretty much a one-shot developer?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. You mix up the 2 stock solutions and they will last at least 6 months or more. I think I've used them beyond 6 months but that's safe. Then you mix 2 parts A, 2 parts B and 100 parts H20 for the working solution and use it once then discard. Sandy's charts at Unblinkingeye.com are spot on. Decide where you want your contrast to wind up and go for it. What film are you using? I love the stuff with my Efke, and I thought I would never use HP5 again until I saw it in Pyrocat.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Diane,

Sandy King the inventor of Pyrocat-HD said the reason behind the invention of Pyrocat-HD was so that he had a staining developer to use in a Jobo. and for alt printing. there is a ton of info on michaelandpaula.com in the Azo Forum about pyrocat-hd.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll have to check out those sites.

Jim,
    I use FP4+, Tri-X 320 and Maco 820c IR. I haven't tried the last for alt-process yet, but I would like to.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
    Diane

Halak 41

Zan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I thought Id chime in here instead of making a new post. I just recently got some pcat-HD, efke 100, and AZO/AMIDOL.. I am waiting on a lensboard before I can get shooting, and was wondering what is a good starting time for a N negative with pcatHD/Efke100 in a 3005 drum?
    I shoot mostly digital cameras..... out of my giant Canon...into the sun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin