Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,929   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format

Platinum & Palladium Printing. Possibly convert Marrutt CP450 Contact Printer to UV?

I am thinking of branching out a bit and trying Platinum & Palladium Printing. I am toying with the idea of converting the CP450 contact printer I was given to an UV Light sourced contact printer as I do not currently use it as it is, images below:

It is a 16" square contact printer with built in timer to 99.9 seconds and the facility to dim the lamps from full power, 1/2 power, 1/4 power and 1/8th power

I am thinking of either replacing the 3 white lamps with 3 of either of the lamps below, I can also remove one or if required both of the translucent diffusion panels to increase the light output from the lamps.

http://www.bltdirect.com/energy-savi...tt-alternative cost circa £30 ($50)

or

removing the lamp holders currently installed, replace them with 5x 300mm T5 8W Fluorescent Tube Fittings and use 5 of these: http://www.bltdirect.com/fluorescent...8-watt-300mm-1 but the cost would be circa £80 ($130) all in.

Any thoughts, or if these are the wrong type of UV Lamp could someone advise (maybe Sandy King) which are the correct type I should be looking for please?

TIA, Eddie.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You need to know output wavelength of this lamp. Pd/Pt needs something around 350 / 400 nm.
    Timer to 99.9 seconds will be useless, you need much more something between 1 to 60 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to the spec sheet of the lamps the wavelength is circa 356nm

I realised the timer would give times too short, but I would just wire it up straight to the switch anyway.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin