Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,511   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question for those who tray-sensitize their carbon tissues

When you sensitize in a tray, do you reuse the sensitizer until it's used up, or do you use it one shot per tissue or for a series of tissues respectively?
    Matthias

Once you get born you're never the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    The sensitizer can be re-used, though it will become weaker, and "polluted" with each use. One-shot, or brush-sensitizing is much more predictable.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Ian! That sounds reasonable.
    Matthias

Once you get born you're never the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention that heavily 'used' sensitizer can also itself become light-sensitive and produce fogging as gelatin, sugar and pigment leach into the solution.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexavalent View Post
    Forgot to mention that heavily 'used' sensitizer can also itself become light-sensitive and produce fogging as gelatin, sugar and pigment leach into the solution.
    I'm very new to carbon and have only done a few tests so far with brush sensitizing. I've done the whole process under red safe lights. From the sound of what you are saying this isn't needed. When do you need to protect the sensitized tissue from light, both room (incandescent/LED) and daylight from windows? Is the sensitizer light sensitive?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm very new to carbon and have only done a few tests so far with brush sensitizing. I've done the whole process under red safe lights. From the sound of what you are saying this isn't needed. When do you need to protect the sensitized tissue from light, both room (incandescent/LED) and daylight from windows? Is the sensitizer light sensitive?
    I work under a very bright yellow flourescent bug light. I work under it from preparing the sensitizer until the image has been developed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin