Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,469   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yesterday I've tried to make my first tissue using ivory black watercolor paint in tube. It mixed nicely with gelatin and tissue looks fine. Tonight I'm going to sensitize it and try my first carbon print

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I found Ivory Black to be much warmer and weaker (in pigment concentration/opacity) than Lampblack. But so much depends on the brand. Good luck!

Vaughn

PS -- depending on your RH, I found I needed 48 hours to dry freshly poured tissue at general room temp (with a fan on the tissues for the first 12 hours). Our RH usually ranges from 60 to 70%. If you do sensitize and print tonight, incomplete dried tissues might give some mottleing in your prints (probably due to un-even absorption of the sensitizer).
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all advises.
    I've tried Ivory Black watercolor paint in tube. It mixed very well but it's quite weak. I've added about 8ml per 100ml gelatin and tissue wasn't really black. To get deep black I'd have to use whole 15ml tube.
    So I've tried to mix lamp black powder with water and it was much easier than I've expected. I've took 2g of powder and added water drop by drop until I've got nice mud. It mixed with 100ml gelatin really nice and tissue is deep black.
    Unfortunately I've overexposed this tissue by at least two steps but it looks very promising with really deep black and clear highlights.
    Relief is almost not visible and whole picture is completely matte. Looks like nothing I've saw already. Like very fine velvet.
    It will take few more tries until I got predictable results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin