Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,051   Online: 1014

Shooter
    35mm

Collodion Concentrated Developer Issue...

I took delivery of some concentrated developer a couple of weeks ago - it appeared to be a lovely turquoise liquid at the time, with instruction to add distilled water to make 1L.

A bad dose of flu hit me so I did nothing with it and am now preparing all the chemicals to use tomorrow.

The concentrated developer appears to have separated into a brown liquid on top and light blue crystals on the bottom. I tried mixing but it just seems to stay separated.

What's going on with it? Should I just add the water to it?

Appreciate any help!

AF.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Please let me know what the developer is? Never seen that with any collodion developer I've used and I do collodion wet and dry plates all the time.

Shooter
    35mm

It's okay now....

Thanks for the prompt response Hermit.

I am not sure what the chemical make up of it is - I just got a little bottle and it said "use to make up 1L of developer" on the side.

I decided to press ahead and mixed it up - and the developer "looks" okay.

I am going to be doing my first plates today so we will see how they turn out!

Ant.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin