Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,185   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Large Format

BIG simple printing frame

I want to make a printing fram about 24' x 36". I have made an 8x10 and a 12x18, with the usual split back, but my concern is the pressure spring, I used old band saw blades. For this I will need something a little more robust I think. I saw something a long time ago in an old photo showing a large printing frame that used what looked like wooden wedges and strips of wood to hold the back inplace. any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you considered a vacuum frame? The simplest one (Agfa) I have used came with an aquarium pump. The easel was basically a plastic board with a channel about 2mm x 2mm around the outside edge. A piece of clear .004" clear mylar was the top surface. Not the greatest; but it worked.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Large Format
    You'd be smarter to find or fabricate a vacuum frame. Keep in mind print shops have been hauling platemakers to the scrap metal yard for quite some time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To hold something that big consistently flat, you'll want the vacuum frame. Here's a recent one someone built at LFF http://www.largeformatphotography.in...tive-Processes

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin