Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,502   Online: 837

Shooter
    35mm

Silverprint emulsion: fixer??

I am experimenting with Silverprint emulsion and am finding the highlights are fading out. If anyone has good experience with the emulsion, what fixer do you use???
    Thanks, Sam

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    by silverprint you mean?
    my question is that I buy liquid emulsion from a store called silverprint in London (and have it sent to DK)
    the brand is not silverprint but SE1
    if so, I use Agfa Agefix or non hardening slow old time fix (if I want to do bromoils)
    that works fine..

Shooter
    35mm
    Silverprint brand liquid emulsion by Luminous
    Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean by fading?

Shooter
    35mm
    The highlights are virtually nonexistent. It seems that what I am reading is that rapid fixers can do this, so I am going to experiment next weekend with good old Kodak powdered fixer (nonrapid). Will post back on this site after I try it.
    Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt it... unless you left the print in the fixer for hours, the silver bleaching shouldn't be much. I suspect more like inadequate exposure, or negative's contrast being too high. With liquid emulsion, it's not hard to coat too much emulsion and think it's a fast emulsion.

Also, the speed of emulsion changes depending on how well the material is dried. So, if you test expose with one condition and final print at another, you may be introducing a source of error there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin