Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,728   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I use .5 gr OA, 5 gr FO 27 ml of water.
    Hmmm... this is a pretty low FO concentration ~19%. I use ~27% solution - 6.75 gm FO, 1.2 gm OA and 0.5 gm EDTA (tetra) to make 25 ml. But, whatever works!

Kerik

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Hmmm... this is a pretty low FO concentration ~19%. I use ~27% solution - 6.75 gm FO, 1.2 gm OA and 0.5 gm EDTA (tetra) to make 25 ml. But, whatever works!

Kerik
    Uh, you are right, I just went and checked. It is 7.5 gr of FO...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Kerik,

This is what I was wondering about Michael's answer above : what is EDTA used for in sensitizer ?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jimmy,

I generally use:

FO 15g
    OA 2g
    EDTA 0.75g
    H2O 55ml

If I have any trouble getting the FO into solution, I'll add a pinch or so more EDTA to the mix.

Note that the formula for FO is somewhat up to intrepretation, and you will find that the FO from one supplier will produce different results than the FO from another supplier. I believe theis is about the only compound that we use that is like this, with all the rest being more or less the chemical compound with a certain purity, and subject to little deviation.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin