Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,523   Online: 1042

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Painting Effect ULF Pinsieve Viewfinder and Engineering

I want to view my photographic compositions with the view of a water color painting. Best technology to maximum effect is pin sieves. I went to sea side with a 50mm rangefinder and scene was so huge , there is no way to see it again at home taking minute precision 50 stitched photographs and it would be curved and ugly.

I can print a 70x105 pin sieve with image setter , put in front of box and at the back , there would be a matte plastic.

Pin sieve focuses the image 1 to 1 on to matte surface and voila , we have a painting effect.

How can I engineer it ?

Thank you for reading,

Umut

?
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An array of bundled fiberglass perpendicular put on the paper and the image projected on the other fibers' end plane, being in focal plane.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think this is a good idea. Glass fibers comes in two variation , ome is rowing other one is chaotic distributed. Do you advise me to focus image on to glass fibers and other side would be paper and to be painted image at back of the paper. Chaotic fibers sold as 250 grams for square meters. Am I understanding you correctly , have it ever been tried ? Any example , painter ?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exactly. If I remember right there even was such fiber plate. At least I have seen a photograph made that way. There also was such fiber optic employed in a Poloroid-back for SLRs, but of course with fibres so fine as not to distort.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How the photograph looked like ? Please describe more. Fiberglass can be two things , epoxy or polyester impregnated and cured glass reinforced plastic plate and the only alone glass fibers. Whom you are talking about AgX ?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking of a lightpiping effect wothout spill-over to the adjacent fibers. With a diameter large enough to yield a pointilistic effect on the print, as each fiber mixes all light entering it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin