Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,268   Online: 1005

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Sodium Citrate crystal vs powder form

I've used the crystalline form of sodium citrate for developing kallitypes. I also have about 5kg of powdered sodium citrate, which I have started to use. I mixed it up just as I did the crystalline form (200g/litre). In the words of George Costanza, "was that wrong? should I not have done that?"
    Do I need to adjust the amount? Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think you need to adjust the amount if you don't see any *immediate* adverse effect. If you absolutely need the same solution strength, then you have to know which forms of sodium citrate you were using before, and you are using right now. Sodium citrate has many forms and hydration states... If you had provided this information, calculating the equivalent amount would have been very easy. (Most probably all are the tri-sodium citrate form - but at which hydration states?)

P.S. Most probably your current solution strength is slightly greater than the solution strength you were using with the crystalline form... Therefore, I think there's nothing to worry about.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Have no clue what form previous batch was, nor this current batch. All I know is previous batch was granular, and current is powder. No worries, though. It works. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin