Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,876   Online: 1004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

COT 320 Supplier

I'm looking to buy COT 320 in full-sheet size (22x30 or whatever). Any suggestions where to get it, or does everyone sell this stuff for the same price?

TIA,
    Kerik

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    you surely will find a suppplier in the USA;, but I may keep you prevent that I have bad result with the batch number 5206. It seems that there are ferric particle in it as my print get dark spot in the developing step.
    5205 was great batch but 5206 look more hard. It is just a problem for platinum palladium as it won't affect kallitype or other alt process.

I contact Bergger in Frnace to get mor einformation . But at first avoid this batch.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Kerik,

I recall being told that B+S was the only place to get full sheets. That may have changed, however.

Bergger has kept good control over pricing in the US, so there is no discounting going on that I am aware of.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nze
    It seems that there are ferric particle in it as my print get dark spot in the developing step. 5205 was great batch but 5206 look more hard.
    Arches strikes again! This is Platine deja vu. Some batches great, others nearly useless.

Kerik

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kerik
    It is the firts ime it happen to me with Cot 320. There some batch that are better than other but they all keep printable and ferric free. But this time it happens like it happens to Arches.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been using this same batch of paper making Ziatypes but haven't seen any problems yet (other than from me overexposing the print ). How big is this dark spot on your print?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just purchased the paper in the size mentioned from B&S last week. They didn't have it in stock but drop shipped it from Berrger in Rockford, IL.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    I just purchased the paper in the size mentioned from B&S last week. They didn't have it in stock but drop shipped it from Berrger in Rockford, IL.
    Mike,

Do you remember what the price was? Do you know what batch number you have??

For those who don't know, COT 320 is made by Arches for Bergger. It is very similar to Arches Platine, although (up until now) more consistent. Bergger mostly makes labels that they slap on products made by other companies.

Kerik

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    FWIW,

Art Craft Chemicals is a Berrger dealer and sells paper for slightly less than B&S in all sizes, however I don't think they actually stock sizes other than 8x10 and drop ship from Berrger in all larger sizes. If you live east of the Mississippi you can save a little on the shipping and a wee bit on the paper.

Don Bryant

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane

this are little dots easily viewable on the mask border or in the sky aera.
    I contacct Bergger and will know more soon. May be the problem come at the cutting stage and don't touch all the batch. but the package I have it. This will be only viewale with platinum palladium.;
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin