Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,450   Online: 860

Shooter
    Multi Format

Filter for separation Carbon TRi Color

HI,

What is the best filters (Lee Filters or other) for colore separation RVB for Carbon Tri Color with a camera 5x7 inches with Ilford HP5+400 sheet 5x7 inches
    What is the number reference of Filters for the Separation Color Red, Green and Blue
    Thank you for your help and experience
    Best all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Philippe,

I have more or less the same problem. I was looking into Lee filters. I think the Tricolour series is made for color separation (http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/...gory/tricolour ). Also wratten filters (29/61/47 or 25/58/47B) are often proposed. But it will take some time to wait for them on ebay….

My idea is to use my enlarger and generate separation of a c41 negative on normal panchromatic film with the red/green/blue filters. With a reversal process I want to get negatives again. I’m using this method at the moment to enlarge monochrome negatives for carbon print.

Since I would like to do four color carbon print I wonder how to generate the black separation.

Chris

CMB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The standard tri-color set is #25 (Red filter for Cyan Printer), #58 (Green Filter for Magenta Printer), and #47B (Blue Filter for Yellow Printer). For four color work,
    #8 (Yellow Filter for Black Printer), along with 29/61/47 is recommended.

Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For Chris, thank you for the link to the Lee Filter

For Charles,
    Thank you for your informations but sorry my english is bad and i translate with google.
    I don't understand you say " along with 29/61/47 is recommended "
    Are you explain to me
    Thank you very mutch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Charles,
    29/61/67. It is red filter 29 / Green 61 / Blue 47
    Is it corret my translate.
    Do you prefer this filters for a best deparation for the Carbon TRi color but which company sells its filters ?
    Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Charles for the information.

For the questions of Philippe:

Charles recommends 29/61/47 together with 8 (yellow) for four color printing (cyan, magenta, yellow, key/black).

For three color printing (cyan, magenta, yellow) 25/58/47B is the standard set. By the way the Lee tricolour set is also labeled by 25/58/47B. So I guess they are simply a copy of the original wratten standard tricolor set.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Charles recommends 29/61/47, i prefer using directly but what is the reference of Lee Filter or other for the 29/61/47 recommanded by Charles, the Carbon Master of the Carbon Tri Color

CMB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These were only general filter recommendations. Direct separations (in camera exposures) or separations from TX's and/or color negatives each have specific filter requirements depending on film type and lighting conditions. See a Wratten Filter Guide such as http://www.karmalimbo.com/aro/pics/f...%20filters.pdf
    for detailed info.

Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Charles for this informations

Best regards of Belgium

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin