Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 801

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question about B&S/COT320

I received my first order of 11x14 COT320 today, along with a ziatype kit. The paper, which I ordered on 2/9, came packaged in a big clear plastic bag, with no labeling of any sort. Each sheet has a crescent shaped crease in the middle of the short side about 1 1/2" in.

Is this how COT320 is normally packaged?
    Is the creasing a normal problem with B&S?

I just talked to the lady that answers the phone there & she will have someone get back to me. I just want to know what I should expect from them. I'm kind of pissed after waiting a month & this is what I get.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    I received my first order of 11x14 COT320 today, along with a ziatype kit. The paper, which I ordered on 2/9, came packaged in a big clear plastic bag, with no labeling of any sort. Each sheet has a crescent shaped crease in the middle of the short side about 1 1/2" in.

Is this how COT320 is normally packaged?
    Is the creasing a normal problem with B&S?

I just talked to the lady that answers the phone there & she will have someone get back to me. I just want to know what I should expect from them. I'm kind of pissed after waiting a month & this is what I get.
    FWIW, I've always been happy with B&S. I'm sure they will make you happy. A month does seem like a long time to wait.
    Normally Cot320 comes to me packaged in a sealed cardboard envelope or wrapped paper package with the Berrger label.

Don Bryant

Images
    They're great folks. Call them and describe the crease problem. When they shipped paper to me it was also in a cardboard box.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, this paper is normally packaged like other papers, in a box or envelope with a label. I wonder why my order was not? I also wonder why they would even ship paper in this condition. I suppose I'll find out when I get a call back.

Images
    Not necessarily with a label, and my boxes are not original. They are shipping boxes only. I do not order a ream of platinotype at a time. I get a small amount and they repackage it. i have gotten other papers from them in the smaller quantities and they were repackeaged also. I assume you would need to order a ream to get the official packaging. Their repackaging has always been impecably done.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My paper is in a clear, oversized, openended plastic bag. It was shipped in a small rectangular box (12"x9"x8"high) with the chems & some droppers. The paper was folded into a "C" shape to fit in the box. Far from "impecably done" in my eyes. I suppose I wouldn't be so upset if the paper wasn't shipped damaged. Does the COT320 not come from the factory pre-packaged in 25sheets?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    The paper was folded into a "C" shape to fit in the box. Far from "impecably done" in my eyes. I suppose I wouldn't be so upset if the paper wasn't shipped damaged. Does the COT320 not come from the factory pre-packaged in 25sheets?
    B&S has shipped paper to me like you describe (not Cot 320). This is only occured once though, thereafter I specified that the paper was to be shipped flat. Ask for a replacement. If the dink isn't too bad it will disappear once the paper is wet.

Good luck,

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just talked to the same woman again. They are sending me another batch. Apparently the reason the paper was removed from it's original packaging was so that it could be rolled in half and shipped in a smaller (cheaper) box. I guess this is common practice at B&S. :rolleyes: She also said that they haven't had any complaints about dinged up paper. Fluke deal I suppose, but not a very good first impression.

Images
    Their response surprises me. I can see reason for the bad first impression.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Their response surprises me. I can see reason for the bad first impression.
    What am I missing here? Why the bad impression? They are replacing the paper. Next time, just ask them to send it flat. It may cost you a little more to ship, but it's just cheap insurance.

I've done business with B&S for 15 years. They've always provided good service and support and replaced any problem supplies without question. They may not be the cheapest source for many things, but they know their stuff and suppoort it well.

Kerik
    --------------
    www.kerik.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin