Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,456   Posts: 1,597,292   Online: 1297

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yellow transparency Carbon Tri Color

HI,
    I post my first Carbon Transfer Tri Color
    I use WaterColour Transparency.
    I use Magenta PV 19 and Phtalo Blue PB 15 but i am problem with the Yellow Transparency aquarell.
    Are you help me to the Yellow aquarell for the Carbon Tri Color (Name and chimical formula)
    Thank you for your help
    See my first Carbon Tri Color on my website

If you correct me tank you
    Best

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Philipe.

I dont know of a specific brand or type of yellow to use. However in doing tricolor gum prints i used a cmyk gouache kit from Talens. I'm pretty sure that brand is also being sold in Belgium. It is a set of 5 tubes, additionally to cmy there is also white and black. The store where i bought it told me that this set is specificly made for accurate color mixing. Check out the product on there website. Click on the where to buy button to find a store nearby.

I hope this is any help to you.

Rowan

ps: I did btw use the black paint from this set for carbon printing, which seemed to mix just fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Philippe,

For the color carbon print I did so far I used powder pigments from Kremer. For yellow it is „Permanent Yellow Medium“ / PY 154 /CAS 68134-22-5. I’m quite happy with it.

For cyan I also use “Heliogen Blue” / PB 15.1 / CAS 12239-87-1.
    And for magenta I use Hosterpermrosa E / PR 122 / CAS 980-26-7 that is PV19 with some extra Methyl groups.

cmyk gouache kit from Talens seem to be already balanced, so one gets the same gamma with the same amount of color. For the pigment powders it is quite some testing to get the right ration between the pigments.
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for your respons

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin