Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,389   Online: 666

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    By the way, I'm using a Richeson 9010 2" brush. This is the "magic brush" isn't it?
    Yes.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, this weekend's ziatype printing went quite well. I started with some 4x5's. I started with 4 drops ammonium ferric oxalate, 1 drop 20% sodium tungstate, & 4 drops lithium palladium. This was more than plenty emulsion. I think I over brushed a couple of the prints because I'm seeing some white spots that look like surface abrasion or something. When do you stop brushing?

I used the two tray method that payral suggests to humidify the paper. I don't know how consistent it was, but it seemed to work ok. Does humidiy effect printing speed? I'm not sure I had enough. My exposures were around 7-10 minutes in my uv unit.

As far as warm tones go, I only made a few prints & did not get the prints as warm as I'd like. I will try some of donbga's suggestions.

It was a whole lot of fun though. I can see a new addiction forming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin