Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,158   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gum printing...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Kerik, the original pd print is actually very grainy, but you are right about my overall pigment stain. I think the problem is the first time I sized the print I did a horrible job and this is where the overall stain came from.

Gelatin sizing on Fabriano Aristico follow Clay Harmon's Gum Over article on www.unblinkingeye.com
    I understand the pd print is grainy, but I'm talking about the colored speckling throughout the image which is most evident in the white border. Am I correct in assuming the border was coated with gum? If all is going well, that border should be paper white when you're done. (Unless you don't want that, of course.)

Kerik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jeremy,

One more thing. If you haven't already done this, I would stongly suggest you print some gum layers by themselves, not over a pt/pd image. This will teach you a lot more about the process and you will get a better feeling for what's going on.

Kerik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin