Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,341   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carbromac
    Sandy,

Thanks for your kind words and great discription of the carbro process. Am starting to see your work in lots of places - about time.

Please tell me who makes the non super coated paper ?

Keep in touch and call me if you like 951-659 2752

Best

Mac

Hi Mac,

I still have the sample print that you sent me many years ago, same as the one you have up here on apug.org. Fabulous relief. It took me a long time and a lot of work before I learned to get that much relief in carbon.

Kentmere is making a non super-coated paper that one can purchase from Freestyle. The other non super-coated paper is made in eastern Europe and is available as either Forte or Foma from JandC Photo. It is marketed as a paper for bromoil. I have not done any carbro printing for quite a long time so have have not actually used either of these papers, and AFIK they are both available only in grade #2, which may be somewhat limiting.

Thanks for the telephone contact number. Will plan to give you a call in the next day or so.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 03-23-2005 at 08:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aggie- Thanks for the plug, I will be doing a dog and pony show at Freestyle on the 2nd of April at 2pm. Happy to meet everyone and I hate talking to an empty room

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Aggie- Thanks for the plug, I will be doing a dog and pony show at Freestyle on the 2nd of April at 2pm. Happy to meet everyone and I hate talking to an empty room
    Mac,

Will you be attending APIS in Santa Fe this July? I assume you know about it? If you don't, APIS stands for Alternative Photograhic International Symposium, or something like that, and has been in existence since the early 1990s, alternating in venue between Europe and the US. For alternative photography it is *the* place to show your work to a very wide audience from both the US and abroad.

Best,

Sandy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sandy for your comments, and thanks Mac for your offer to field questions. I won't bother you with any right now...they would just be basic things I can dredge up on my own...like by ordering Sandy's book for example.

Carbro appeals to me as I chose to go with 4x5 years ago instead of a larger format, and to enlarge rather than contact print. The 4x5 allows me to roam unencumbered (compared to 8x10 or bigger) through the thick forests where I live, and to photograph in any weather conditions except for bellows shredding winds. Having to make more enlargements to make more carbro's isn't a problem as repeatability is important to the way I work.

I've never seen a carbon or carbro print; all my instincts are pretty much screaming for me to investigate...if I don't I'll always be haunted when looking at my work, wondering if they could have said *more*. This Internet thing sucks BIG TIME! Last time my radar was buzzing like this I lost a year to Radeka's masking system...carbro may suck 2 years out of my life before I get my legs under myself again...aint photography great!!!

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    I should point out that the process described at the above site is carbon, not carbro. Sandy

OOPS!

Read the article I posted the day before and I guess there’s a little too much carbon between my ears right now.

Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Mac,

Will you be attending APIS in Santa Fe this July? I assume you know about it? If you don't, APIS stands for Alternative Photograhic International Symposium, or something like that, and has been in existence since the early 1990s, alternating in venue between Europe and the US. For alternative photography it is *the* place to show your work to a very wide audience from both the US and abroad.

Best,

Sandy
    Information about APIS can be found on the B&S website, athttp://www.bostick-sullivan.com/main/index.htm

Sandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Murray,

Take the challange, it is worth the effort and it won't take two yers, Sandy and I can lead you through the process, just don't count on getting any sleep.

Best, Mac

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Murray,

Take the challange, it is worth the effort and it won't take two yers, Sandy and I can lead you through the process, just don't count on getting any sleep.

Best, Mac
    Step two is for me to get my hands on an actual print to see if it's appropriate for my work...step one is getting my hands on some cash!

Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin