Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,313   Online: 828

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Palladium trough development

While waiting for my lightbox and stouffer step wedges to arrive before delving back into gum over I have been revisiting some older work and reprinting it in palladium. There is a new image I have, though, that I would like to print larger than the trays I currently have. I want to print it 18" wide, but I only have 11x14" trays and 1 16x20" tray. Should I do everything in the 16x20" tray or can I run the prints through my 11x14 set-up like you would do using troughs?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just run it all through in one tray and rinse it well at the end. When I do 20x24's in 24x30 inch trays, i have to do it all the processsing in one tray because my sink won't hold four of them. Just keep some old water jugs marked one, two and three for your clearing baths, and just pour it in and out of those.

Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    While waiting for my lightbox and stouffer step wedges to arrive before delving back into gum over I have been revisiting some older work and reprinting it in palladium. There is a new image I have, though, that I would like to print larger than the trays I currently have. I want to print it 18" wide, but I only have 11x14" trays and 1 16x20" tray. Should I do everything in the 16x20" tray or can I run the prints through my 11x14 set-up like you would do using troughs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Clay, though the more I think about it the more I want to print this a warmtone gum over. Alas alack, so many options....

I guess I will stick to silver gelatin for the weekend, but the advice still holds when I do my pd undercoat for the gum over. As always, a never-ending fountain of knowledge!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin