Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,498   Online: 985

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Alternative for Polaroid Type 606 (Sepia)

Hi,

I recently got some old Polaroid Land cameras from eBay and was playing around with them. Yesterday I came across the Polaroid Type 606 Sepia instant peel-apart film for the 3.25x4.25 format. Does anybody know if this film is still in production, or if there is an alternative for 606 in this format? I found Polaroid Type 56, but that is a 4"X5" format film which I cannot use in my Land cameras.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Sanjay

PS: I hope I've posted in the correct forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found if you tone a regular uncoated B&W polaroid in selenium toner (KRST) it turns a nice sepia tone. Heres a sample shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pulaski-toned-2.jpg  
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's highly interesting Gary. I'm going to remember this one. Our first grand child is on the way and I'm planning on using polaroid film a good deal soon[U].
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I found if you tone a regular uncoated B&W polaroid in selenium toner (KRST) it turns a nice sepia tone. Heres a sample shot.
    Gary, thanks for the info and the nice photo!

I have one more question: by "uncoated B&W polaroid" do you mean the type that does not nead coating (coaterless - like Type 667) or the type that neads coating (Type 665) but has not been coated?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    Gary, thanks for the info and the nice photo!

I have one more question: by "uncoated B&W polaroid" do you mean the type that does not nead coating (coaterless - like Type 667) or the type that neads coating (Type 665) but has not been coated?
    The one that needed the coating, tone it before coating it. I would think any coating would thwart your efforts to do anything to the image, as it should.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin