Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,270   Online: 1039

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Day-long gum-over palladium demonstration

Folks,

I have been asked to give a day-long demonstration of combination gum bichromate and palladium printing techniques. This demonstration will be hosted by the New England Large Format Photography Collective.

The demonstration will be given the day after the View Camera Conference (May 23) in Springfield, Ma., so anyone who is planning to go to the conference will be in the area at the right time.

The cost for the demonstration is $135 per person, including lunch.

You can see some information about the demonstartion at my website.

Link to Workshop Announcement

There are only a few seats left for the demonstration, so I advise anyone interested to make contact quickly to avoid disappointment.

Also, I will be participating in several of the seminars at the VCC right before this demonstration. I look forward to meeting any APUG members at the conference. Please feel free to come up and introduce yourselves.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Day-long gum-over palladium demonstration"

Sounds really interesting and well worth what you're asking.

But I can't resist: Will it be followed by an all-day sucker over silver?
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Graeme,

Well, I have to admit I prefer to call them 'combination process prints' in general, and 'combination gum bichromate and palladium prints' more specifically. This is because there is an unlimited number of combinations that can be made, using various processes, depending on the desired aesthetic.

For example, tri-color gum prints that many people make are often combination gum and cyanotype prints. It is possible, within limits and compatibility constraints, to print many different processes in combination, and gum and palladium is really only one combination from this approach to crafting an image.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mutmansky
    Well, I have to admit I prefer to call them 'combination process prints' in general, and 'combination gum bichromate and palladium prints' more specifically.
    Michael, sounds fancy! I'll have to remember this when people ask what a certain print is--maybe the title will outweigh the lack of talent

Sorry I can't make it up north to the workshop, it sounds like a doozy!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just like to call 'em 'gum-overs'. The fewer syllables, the better (of course, I provide more details in writing on the back of the print).

Kerik
    www.kerik.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin