Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,590   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alt. chem supplies in New Zealand anyone ??

Hi,

I am an architecture student in Auckland, New Zealand and wish to contact-print drawings (on permatrace) onto large cyanotype papers ...

I am finding it hard to find the chemicals required:

(green ferric ammonium citrate/ potassium ferricyanide)

Are there any Kiwi's or people in the know about where to find these chemicals in ~alt. process amounts ?

Can it be bought over the internet in smaller amounts ?

I am also a photographer and wish to start Pt/Pd contact prints after having a bit of experience with easier techniques like the cyanotype and whatever other processes i can get the chemicals for ...

Any ideas on sourcing -any- chemicals for a recommended process ?

cheers,
    nick
    Last edited by Rock Poper; 06-08-2005 at 04:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: un-tinkered title

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rock Poper

Try artcraft www.artcraftchemicals.com, good to deal with, will ship to NZ as long as not a hazard.

Where in NZ are you? I'm in Wellington.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In AK... - I have found a place that can get me 100Kg of potassium ferricyanide, but that is a minimum order - I just need a piece of paper big enough to soak it all in and permission to turn the hauraki plains into contact printing facility its hard even to get simple things like large thermometers / filter paper / safety gear / glasswear in small quantities - thankfully tho I may have found a way to get it gear through the university - not sure on the chemicals tho (scared i'm going to start a P lab) - do you do much contact/alt. work ? (cheers for the link btw)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alternative Chemicals..

Try http://ajaxfinechem.co.nz/ They have their catalog on-line.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    they have the ferricyanide which is great (thanks!) but not the citrate...

the other link appears to have both - It also says it has everything require for Pt printing, however I think I remember hearing that you needed a solution of some sort for Pt/Pd ? artcraftchemicals.com will not send liquids internationally :P - perhaps I can get it sent to someone domestic in the states who can then forward it ??

Hmmmm, really need to get a good source here in NZ - I'm sure there are many people either keen to start or who have already found a good supply. Just gotta pool our resourses.

Would be great to start up a NZ only forum or website dedicated to Alt process, not wanting to step into other great websites territory (such as this and alternativephotography.com).. just a 'local' version with info that only Kiwi's would be interested in eg.topics such as this thread.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know it's not in NZ, but Bostick & Sullivan sell the powder & liquid versions of many of the alternate process chemicals. You might check their site at http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The closest place may be Vanbar (http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/index.php, click on chemistry, then bulk.) here in Melbourne, Aus, which seems to carry a pretty wide range of raw chemistry and in a wide range of quantities. Not sure what's involved in shipping across the Tasman, what with the current hoo-ha about white powder in envelopes over here.

John.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    ajax wont sell to individuals only registered companies that get approval, Ive tried

Shooter
    Instant Films
    also Ive tried vanbar, but they dont ship to nz

can anyone tell me where to get bulk cyanotype chems in NZ? (like not from overseas companies, but from companies physically located in this country) Ive been trying for months and its driving me mental

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin