Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,537   Online: 961

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I talked with the technical support people at Polaroid today.

They are working on finding a solution to this issue. Polariod is concerned and understand how important this film is too a great many people, "not just the folks on APUG "(my statement, not theirs).

They made some changes earlier in the year, and did run test on the newer version and the scientific feedback was positive. THey didn't check the moveability of the newer emulsion and are now working to correct the problem. They hope to have things back on track within 4 -6 weeks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting this Ann. This is good news to hear. Maybe I will e-mail the Technical Dept. and thank them.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those working with SX-70/Time Zero Film just got this update from Kathleen Carr's email newsletter..

"UPDATE ABOUT TIME ZERO FILM GLITCH
    Polaroid has been working on fixing the temporary glitch with the latest batches of Time Zero Film--the film that we use for SX-70 Manipulations. I have been told that they are very close, and will be sending me some film to test very soon. Some of the newest batches don't manipulate properly, however we have discovered a fix for it until the error is rectified. Just heat the newly exposed and developed print for two minutes, and reheat as needed. I recommend keeping the print constantly warm until you finish manipulating it. My favorite way is to use a heating pad with an acrylic clipboard on top of it for a heated surface.

This glitch affects many film batches with the expiration date of 11-05, 12-05 and later, even 5-05. The following batches are good and work fine:
    12-05 expiration, lot numbers ending with 682-685
    1-06 expiration, lot numbers ending with 817-819
    5-06 expiration, lot numbers ending with 019, 020

If you buy Time Zero film that doesn't manipulate properly, call Polaroid's Technical Assistance Hotline at 800-225-1618, M-F from 8am-8pm EST and give them the batch numbers and expiration date. If you can't get the film to manipulate, they will work with you on this problem.
    "

Thought this might be of interest to everyone working with the film...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting this update Mike. That's really good information. Glad to see Polaroid is not leaving its artistic support in the digital dustcloud like another large American photo corporation is.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that bit of information, Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    well I got a batch of 05/2006 lot#040548179 and I've never manipulated polaroid before but it doesn't seem to do squat. I press firm and nothing, press harder and get black and that's having to really press hard. I am assuming my batch is bad, I can't imagine it being a good batch and having to press so hard for barely any result of some kind

Oh well, guess I'll take some family snaps with it and seek a good batch on ebay..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sean, just checking a couple things first. Did you try manipulating two to three hours after taking? Did you try warming the print?

Good luck trying to get some on E-Bay. I haven't seen it come up very often. Still, its worth a shot.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This was within the 1st 5 minutes of the exposure. Yeah ebay looks pretty dry for sx70 film. I'll try a few other local shops. I had the impression that a gentle but firm action, and I'd see the emulsion twirling beneath the tools?..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    This was within the 1st 5 minutes of the exposure. Yeah ebay looks pretty dry for sx70 film. I'll try a few other local shops. I had the impression that a gentle but firm action, and I'd see the emulsion twirling beneath the tools?..
    That's right, but everything I've read says don't try it until at least two hours after exposure. So, I'd recommend trying again with the same film batch.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm no expert but I believe you are supposed to be able to manipulate it immediately.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin