Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,505   Online: 1093

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Point made... and an apology on my part may be necessary, and not just for my pedantic approach to the question. I just found that Fabriano, in it's infinite wisdom, has made a watercolor paper that is using the "Artistico" name along with "Aquarello" on the cover of the pad. It is decidedly rough and they are calling it cold press. Perhaps the old-time learning that I'm working on is now a victim to a more modern use of the terminology. Perhaps they speak now only of the temperature of the final roller- not of the face finish of the paper. The old Artistico that I used so happily was a much smoother paper.

I recall the fiber-reinforced paper you're thinking of now. Never used it and I thought it had gone away as a bad idea. Shows how much I know.

I may be able to help you in the shipping part, however. I'll send a PM

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "marketing geniuses" have found the watercolor paper, apparently. That might explain why I've been buying paper with the same name as types that are reported to work well, but what I get at Hobby Lobby doesn't (Canson Montval being a prime example). The stuff in pads is *not the same* as the loose sheet paper of the same name. Blocks, maybe, but not the comb- or spiral-bound pads...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin