Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,730   Online: 1074

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Pin Hole Literature?

I am looking for some literature...with a little more indepth info on the wonder world of pinhole.
    I have read all the little bits that come with standard photo class type books.
    Looking for more specifics...Any great book/bible that I should start with?
    Thanks.
    mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi mike

check out pinholeresource.com.
    eric renner has a book that is pretty much
    the mother of all pinhole books.

http://www.pinholeresource.com/agora...&product=Books

at the site, they also sell laser holes, zone plates, cameras ... you name it

good luck!

-john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adding to John N's excellent advice, you might ask Eric Renner if he has back issues of the Pinhole Journal to sell you - great stuff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jon Grepstad has a site with good information and many links to more information from trivial to great: http://home.online.no/~gjon/pinhole.htm

Anaother site to keep in mind is the Worldwide Pinhole Day site: http://www.pinholeday.org/org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second the Renner book on pinhole photography, available from the pinhole resource, which also includes photography with slits, multiple slits, zone plates, and I believe the new edition also covers sieves. Sieves and zone plates are a series of alternating clear/opaque concentric rings (or holes with the same concentric arrangement) that use the phase of the light wave to produce a focused lens effect. A very fine and complete book.

Lee

Shooter
    127 Format
    Check out Matt Young's excellent paper, which you can download from http://www.mines.edu/~mmyoung/

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

f295.com

an entire site/forum for pinhole - friendly bunch of eccentrics - except me of course - 100% normal, until I get that dam pinhole in my hand and then.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good Literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch My Eye
    I am looking for some literature...with a little more indepth info on the wonder world of pinhole.
    I have read all the little bits that come with standard photo class type books.
    Looking for more specifics...Any great book/bible that I should start with?
    Thanks.
    mike

A very well done book on pinhole photography with a humorous learning curve for helping understand and remember is called ' The Hole Thing' A manual of pinhole fotografy by Jim Shull. It can be found sometimes on ebay, not in print. Email me jphotojones@buckeye-express.com if you can not find it I would consider a loan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharjean
    A very well done book on pinhole photography with a humorous learning curve for helping understand and remember is called ' The Hole Thing' A manual of pinhole fotografy by Jim Shull. It can be found sometimes on ebay, not in print. Email me jphotojones@buckeye-express.com if you can not find it I would consider a loan.
    Jim Shull's book (either the 1st or the expanded 2nd editions) is a cute little book that should be great for teaching pinhole photography to young students.

It's been a while since I've browsed Diane Dobson-Barton's site, Barton Studio, but she has published basic pinhole instructions.

For a deeper understanding of the physics behind pinhole photography, I endorse Matt Young's several articles on the subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try:
    Adventures With Pinhole and Home-Made Cameras: From Tin Cans to Precision Engineering (Paperback)
    by John Evans
    I wrote a review about it at amazon.com. It's not only about pinholes, but deals extensively - though not exhaustive - with them. I found the book inspiring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin