Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,481   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Bostick Sullivan - help... anyone there ??

Hi,

I ordered a pt/pd kit from bostick-sullivan.com 7 days ago - I received an automated confirmation email immediately ... but since then I have seen no charge on my credit card and have had no reply from 3 emails sent inquiring as to what was happening with my order...

The 1st email was sent after 3 days to melody@bostick-sullivan.com as their website suggests for those types of queries - and then also a day ago I forwarded the same email to the other email contacts they listed to which I got a 'user mail box full' reply from richard@bostick-sullivan.com, and once again no reply from the others...

I should have just ordered a pt/pd kit along with the cyanotype kit I ordered from the formulary, which was sent within 2 days ... I just wanted to try out different suppliers, I am now afraid that as soon as I order a pt/pd kit from elsewhere that bostick-sullivan will process my order and I'll end up with two $180 kits :P

They seem to be on vacation ?

any ideas ? similar experiences ? advice ?

cheers,
    Nick

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have dealt with B&S for years and have had nothing but great service from them. Have you given them a call? I suspect they are probably on vacation and forgot to update their web site. In any case, call them, ask for Kevin and he will take care of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Poper

any ideas ? similar experiences ? advice ?

cheers,
    Nick
    Like Jorge said, they are good folks, and since APIS is July 7-9, my guess is they are all pretty busy with getting things set up and will reply back as soon as possible. Try giving them a call, if anyone is there they will help out or least explain the delay.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Poper
    Hi,

cheers,
    Nick
    Nick,

B&S sponsors APIS, Alternative Photographic International Symposium, which meets in Santa Fe every two years. It starts next week and is part of the 10 day Santa Fe Photography hoopla. Rather than on vacation I would guess they are working 26 hours a day getting ready. I know that doesn't get you the products you want, but it may explain the delay. They are normally very good and prompt. If you can be patient imagine what this means for alternative processing. I only hope I can make it there next time.

John Powers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would like to just add another vote of confidence for B&S. I have had nothing but excellent service from them and would recommend that you do buy your kit from them because they are a great help with information on Pt printing. When you need to work the bugs out of your process they will take the time to help you.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Large Format
    I second Mateo's post. If you ever have a question or a problem, just ask for Kevin and he will bend your ear and spend as much time with you on the phone as you like. These are great folks and a credit to the photo community

Images
    Yep, call them. I have had better luck that way. E-mails have taken a few days for a response. Call and talk. A really nice bunch of folks.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bostick and Sullivan are great to deal with...Kevin has spoken to me on the phone for over an hour on occassion and will share any knowledge, information he has.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just called them today regarding my 11x14 COT paper order which is on it's way to them and then to me soon.

I see you're in NZ, so it might not be as easy for you to call them.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am friends with Kevin Sullivan and I did see the entire B-S family tonight. PM me with your info and when I see Kevin tomorrow I will ask him about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin