Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,525   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes George it is on a website that is devoted to analog photography. The name of the site is APUG...do a google on it and I bet that you will find it in a jiffy. I have no interest in any workshops as either an instructor or as an attendee.
    The article is posted in the articles section.

I consider myself to be expert at nothing.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am sorry Claire, if my posting sounded sarcastic, this wasn't my intention (this particular once). I didn't mean to hurt you, I hope you'll forgive me.

I am also not accustomed to this habit of APUGgers, of posting articles (an article is usually something printed in a magazine) on the site. So, it wasn't evident for me that your article was on APUG... I am sorry about that, too.

And when I said you were an expert, I really meant it. Seriously.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eatfrog
    Argh.
    This was not worth it. The film wouldn┤t dry while still in the tank. Had it there over night, and it was still wet when i got to work.
    Huge problems getting it into the film can because of that, but now it is developing in the machine.

Looks dense, really dense.
    We'll see.
    Did you wash it good enough after the D-76 ? Did you care to underexpose it 2-3 stops ? Keeping it wet for 12 hours might be a cause for trouble, but the other two mistakes (if done) must be more important.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was washed really well. Hmm, it wasnt that dense though. Heh, actually it was on the thin side!
    I underexposed it 2 stops. I think that was too much.
    I developed for 10 minutes in D76 stock but didn't agitate more than once every two minutes.

I will have to try again, but first I have to figure out a way to dry the film undernight.
    Any suggestions?

Shooter
    35mm
    George, not to worry. It never entered my mind that you were being sarcastic.

I strongly believe for those that are into C41 developer formulation that they try this formulation. Mr. Dignan, now deceased, had an outstanding reputation in the community of photographers who were into color chemistry experimentation and home compounding of color chemistry.

Claire
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin