Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,718   Online: 769

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Unblinking Eye site has a lot about pigment printing as well as Bromoil. I was looking for a workshop in the northeast US for these techniques earlier this year - no luck.
    David Lewis gave one last week at Photographers' Formulary out in Montana but my budget suffered a nervous breakdown as soon as I mentioned going.

Next year...maybe?

I'm interested in using the original print as a master for transfer printing as well. I've even got a press! I just can't seem to make the process work without the experience of going through it with someone who actually knows what he/she is doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    my girlfriend and I just started trying the oilprint process...

for some reason it seems that my twin brother might be the only on in the world that does this now...:-)
    that can't be true..

anyone in here?

mind you: I am talking about the original oilprinting - not the bromoil which everybody seems to be doing...

Hi Emil, nice to see you on APUG
    I wrote you a couple of months ago, but you didn't answer...

if you're interested I can send you some recipe and instructions I have in my books (rawlins oil print and many other processes) - write me an email and I will send some scan

I'm experimenting with cyanotypes right now; I want to try one process at the time. But I will soon start printing in rawlins oil too. As for the "oleoprint" process there's this specific guide on Alt.Photo.com http://www.alternativephotography.co..._oilprint.html
    but you should already know that

Fulvio

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio
    Hi Emil, nice to see you on APUG
    I wrote you a couple of months ago, but you didn't answer...

if you're interested I can send you some recipe and instructions I have in my books (rawlins oil print and many other processes) - write me an email and I will send some scan

I'm experimenting with cyanotypes right now; I want to try one process at the time. But I will soon start printing in rawlins oil too. As for the "oleoprint" process there's this specific guide on Alt.Photo.com http://www.alternativephotography.co..._oilprint.html
    but you should already know that

Fulvio
    hi fulvio
    yes - I know, as it is my twin brother that made that....
    I was just wondering whether others do it these days..
    seems not.
    aah well - then we can be the only ones in the world, and that is fun too....;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it alike some of the the works of Philippe Berger?

G

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    The Unblinking Eye site has a lot about pigment printing as well as Bromoil. I was looking for a workshop in the northeast US for these techniques earlier this year - no luck.
    David Lewis gave one last week at Photographers' Formulary out in Montana but my budget suffered a nervous breakdown as soon as I mentioned going.

Next year...maybe?

I'm interested in using the original print as a master for transfer printing as well. I've even got a press! I just can't seem to make the process work without the experience of going through it with someone who actually knows what he/she is doing.
    Whitymorange
    thanks for that link - interesting, and it seems that we are not the only ones doing this..
    beautiful images too..
    thanks again..

(I'm sure, if you came to Denmark, my brother would be glad to give you tutoring in this technique..)

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    Is it alike some of the the works of Philippe Berger?

G
    look like it - interesting, as he mails me with news, from time to time..
    have to read my mails more carefully

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whitymorange
    thanks for that link - interesting, and it seems that we are not the only ones doing this..
    beautiful images too..
    thanks again..

(I'm sure, if you came to Denmark, my brother would be glad to give you tutoring in this technique..)
    Ah, Denmark... By next year I may be ready. If I make it that far I'll at least stop by for a look at your work! Who knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi fulvio
    yes - I know, as it is my twin brother that made that....
    I was just wondering whether others do it these days..
    seems not.
    aah well - then we can be the only ones in the world, and that is fun too....;-)

whoops! didn't notice it was your brother, sorry

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    FULVIO

eric Kellerman is coming here on monday and stays for some days...

where are you?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do you have a copy of "Photographic facts and Formulas" By Wall and Jordan(1940 edition)? It has a lot of infomation (formulas and techniques) for pigment processes(Oil,Bromoil, and Transfer)on pg.s 214-224. There are several inexpensive copies on ABE books(http://www.abebooks.com/).
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin