Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 891

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Satista questions

I was trying out some Aquarelle paper to see if I could get a successful satista print, and finally I'm getting somewhere. I had this on hand from a few years back on another project is why I was using it. What I need to know is does this paper need a sizing to keep the image from washing off when processing it? I had to use the dip process to keep from rubbing it off and still had a mottled look to the darker areas due to losing image in these spots. Also what density range would you normally use this on? My Stouffer scale says I was getting a 1.80 range ( .49 to 2.29 were the steps showing).
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I was trying out some Aquarelle paper to see if I could get a successful satista print, and finally I'm getting somewhere. I had this on hand from a few years back on another project is why I was using it. What I need to know is does this paper need a sizing to keep the image from washing off when processing it? I had to use the dip process to keep from rubbing it off and still had a mottled look to the darker areas due to losing image in these spots. Also what density range would you normally use this on? My Stouffer scale says I was getting a 1.80 range ( .49 to 2.29 were the steps showing).
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Pretty much it depends on the paper. I used satista with socorro and it worked great as well as with platinotype. You might need to size Aquarelle if this is what you are seeing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jorge, who makes the socorro? The name sounds familiar but beyond that I draw a blank.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Thanks Jorge, who makes the socorro? The name sounds familiar but beyond that I draw a blank.
    It is sold by Bostick and Sullivan. If you plan to use it you will need to acidify it first. I use 50 ml of hydrocholic acid in 1000 ml of water, but you can also use vinegar or oxalic acid.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin