Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,725   Online: 904

Shooter
    Large Format

Kodak 2424 70mm Infrared discontinued

Kodak will be discontinuing manufacture of this product shortly. The last opportunity to place an order will be 31.8.05 - 18 roll minimum order. If anyone is interested in sharing a last order of this product, please contact me before 20th August.
    Thanks,

Colin Turner.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Colin:

I would love to have a few rolls of the 70mm 2424 IR film, but the question is cost? David Romero shows rolls for sale on his website, but for $750/roll! Do you have any idea of pricing per roll if you buy the minimum order of 18 rolls?

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh crap! Thanks for the post.

How much for a roll? Any ideas how long it will last if refrigerated? I've also got to find a way to respool it to 120 rolls. How many 120 rolls can you get from one roll? I'd be in.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Art,

cost would be whatever I can negotiate with Kodak plus shipping. For repackaging to 120 rolls see david romano www.davidromano.com
    Please contact me at colin@solidair.org.uk if you would like to order some 70mm.
    Thanks,
    Colin.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Oh crap! Thanks for the post.

How much for a roll? Any ideas how long it will last if refrigerated? I've also got to find a way to respool it to 120 rolls. How many 120 rolls can you get from one roll? I'd be in.

Art.
    Art:

The problem with respooling to 120 is that 120 film is 60mm wide, and this stuff is 70mm wide, so you would have to cut it down. Also this film is perforated, and you would still have some perforations left after cutting it down. As far as how many rolls, I believe the roll is 100' and 120 film is 3' long, so it'd be around 33 rolls or so. It would probably be easier to buy it from David Romano, but who knows.

-Mike

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colin turner
    Hi Art,

cost would be whatever I can negotiate with Kodak plus shipping..
    Are you looking for a Carte Blanche?
    There is a big difference between $250-$300 USD it retailed at, $750 USD it seems somebody wants or the under $100 USD brokers charge for a bulk 150' roll .
    I imagine that Kodak has them frozen in master rolls from a run back in pre-historic times ("discontinue" these days is Kodak speak for "it does not sell well and we are sitting on stuff in the freezer") so...
    If you are going to have it special ordered then you can also get it without perforations (in fact in quantity its a bit cheaper) or even have Kodak deliver it in 61mm width and subcontract for 120 Format.
    Now if its already been cut-down and made into little packages then.. (as in "time to get the geeks to fill their freezers and not ours so we have more cash to drive more nails in the cofin of film")
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    maco is telling me that they could probably offer such 61mm long rolls. so you can cut for 220/120. i dont know what are the real film-differences.
    on that site(maybe someone remembered-if not ask willem-jan markerink) offering two vaccum-kits for pentax 67 is an interesting tip of how to produce 220-style-film out of 120.that kit only uses 220.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin