Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,270   Posts: 1,660,709   Online: 1073

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Keeping on keeping on ...

Sandy, Yep I still have a second home at North Myrtle Beach, but I'm not finding the time to use it as much as I would like!

Dave and Whiteymorange, I have been dealing with some serious health issues for the past couple of years, but hopefully am now on the rebound. I'm presently in the middle of putting together an international bromoil show here in Richmond and building a new house. When I finish these projects (next spring) I do hope to conduct a three day weekend bromoil workshop limited to four students.

Cheers,

Gene

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Which 4?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bromoil Workshop

Dave Wooten asked: "Which 4?"

Strange. I answered this with another reply and it never made it through. I'll try again.

The first 4 to respond affirmatively and send me their deposit check after I announce the dates. I had a waiting list, but time has passed and I'm starting over. It will most likely be in mid April. Stay tuned ... and in touch! Cheers, Gene

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene_Laughter
    I was fortunate to know Norman Gryspeerdt and visited him at his home in Eastbourne. Norman generously gave me one of his original prints as well as a number of his personal books on bromoil. "I'll never crack the covers of these books again, Gene." "Take these," he said. "You can put them to use." What a nice, talented man he was! A giant of photography!
    Although I never met Norman, I used to see him when I went to the opening nights of the annual exhibition held by the Eastbourne Photographic Society. An indication of his personality certainly comes over on his video. I attended a workshop given by Maija McDonald and would like to try more. I am impressed by yours, particularly the use of Agfa Multi-contrast Classic paper.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Roy - Maija is a very good personal friend of mine. Quite a lady! I have spent time with she and Jack at their home in Malvern and they visited us here in Virginia a few years ago. Cheers, Gene

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have been dealing with some serious health issues for the past couple of years, but hopefully am now on the rebound. I'm presently in the middle of putting together an international bromoil show here in Richmond and building a new house.

When I finish these projects (next spring) I do hope to conduct a three day weekend bromoil workshop limited to four students.

Cheers,

Gene[/QUOTE]

Gene,

How are you doing?
    Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    I have been dealing with some serious health issues for the past couple of years, but hopefully am now on the rebound. I'm presently in the middle of putting together an international bromoil show here in Richmond and building a new house.

When I finish these projects (next spring) I do hope to conduct a three day weekend bromoil workshop limited to four students.

Cheers,

Gene
    Gene,

How are you doing?
    Dave in Vegas
    Just to revive this thread - and I am wondering that, myself. I just joined APUG and am thrilled to see a discussion of bromoil printmaking. I am basically self-taught (with the aid of Gene Laughter's book and video) and would love to attend a workshop.

I've used Agfa MC 118 almost exclusively (my favorite hand coloring paper, as well). I'm reading conflicting things about Agfa these days, and wonder if there will be an issue getting this paper in the future. It does so many things, so well.

What are other good paper choices? I'm not sure I'm brave enough yet to try the liquid emulsion route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    terri,
    I also used the Agfa 118 quite a bit for Bromoil, but switched to Lewis Bromoil Paper and liked it a lot better.
    The photo formulary sells it - www.photoformulary.com or you can buy it direct from David Lewis at www.bromoil.com
    Regards,
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As far as I know, Agfa paper is gone. There may be some boxes of paper that are still around, but once its gone its gone. JandC sells bromoprint. I'm new to bromoil, but I've gotten pretty good results from it. I haven't tried David Lewis' paper so I can't comment on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Travis & Tom.

Wow. Didn't know it was that close to the end of the line for the paper. I still have some, but guess it will be best used for comparing to other papers now.

I will doubtless be trying the Lewis paper next. I'll have to have a moment of silence and maybe light a candle first, though. The Agfa 118 has been my best friend for years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin