Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,718   Posts: 1,483,112   Online: 1093

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173
    What about a cooling fan and a hose as some larger enlargers use?
    Well, the Nuarc 26-1k has a cooling fan? It comes on as soon as you power up the unit.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    Sounds like a function of heat. If the system is left on prior to exposure (a while, whatever that is) to warm up all parts in the circuit, does that help? I know this is not scientific, but resistance in circuitry varies as a function of heat at times. Somewhere in the loop, resistance must be changing which allows a larger amount of current to flow. No idea which part of the circuit it might be (bulb, transformers, integrator, switches, etc.) so leave the thing on a while and see if it doesn't stabilize after all comes up to a working temperature. tim

I spoke with the technician today at Nuarc and made several of the modifications he suggested, which involved primarily checking the filter of the light senor and re-positioning it. Unfortunatley none of these changes altered the situation.

There is no question in my mind at this point but that you are correct in that heating is allowing a larger amount of current to flow. Leaving it on for several minutes does result it in stabilizing, but having to do this negates much of the advantage of a light integrator. At this point I am actually thinking of attaching an external light integrator and probe, which will be a practical solution for the problem, though not a very elegant one.

BTW, other owner of Nuarc 26-1k might want to check the consistency of their units. I have a good friend who prints with the Nuarc 26-1k and the timer also slows down as the machine heats up.

You can check your machine by doing two timed counts, one you start with the unit cold, the other you start about two minutes later. Just set the unit on 40 units (which is about 4:30 minutes) here, and time it at 30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds and at the end. There should not be significant difference in timing between the first and second tests.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 08-20-2005 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin