Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,731   Online: 934

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whenever I need to, even if sometimes it's just to run off contact sheets for film identification.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    I am printing six days of the week. I love working in the darkrooms so even though it is my job I am quite happy making prints.
    Now I am printing more personal work and I am thrilled with this.
    What is the 'smilie' for envy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For me, it's about once every three weeks at the moment. But we have a young baby, so it is difficult to find the time. When I do get in there, I remember how much I miss it, but I don't spend as much time in there per session. Nowadays it's probably only about two hours. But I do find that I've become much more efficient in the darkroom. The postcard exchange has helped that quite a bit...so has the baby.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the last two weeks I've been printing in the darkroom 6 times. Developing film two times. This is average for this time of the year. During really hot weather January through to early March I print during cool spells.

I suppose on average, about 1½ times a week through a whole year.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I print 3 days of the week at work (I work for a Community College) but the gang darkroom thing is just not working out. People are too fast and loose with the chemicals and too often the fixer and developer get exhausted before they get changed. I am building a temporary setup in a bathroom so that I can print when I want and use the can normaly the rest of the time. Once that is done, I plan to print about the same amount of time as I do now, just with a lot less frustration!

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    I print 3 days of the week at work (I work for a Community College) but the gang darkroom thing is just not working out. People are too fast and loose with the chemicals and too often the fixer and developer get exhausted before they get changed... - Randy
    My darkroom is at my local community college as well. Two pieces of advice I can give to you are:
    1 - Bring your own chemicals. I do this and I let everyone in the darkroom know that they are mine and for my use only. This way, you and you alone will have control of changing the chemicals you use.
    2 - Don't be afraid to tell people if they are doing something wrong or sloppy (politely, of course). Once people are told they are doing something incorrectly, they usually stop.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm one of the lucky ones who has a permanent darkroom at home, in my basement. I hate trying to print when I've only got an hour or so, which happens far too often for my taste. I'm energized lately though with the stuff I shot on my last vacation, so I've been getting in at least one film developing and/or contact sheet making session every couple days, and more time on the weekend. I know I'll be making some big prints this weekend for an upcoming show, and as gifts for the holidays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin