Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,734   Online: 968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    True John. I had to have an X-ray of my back a couple of weeks ago (my entire muscle structure in my back went into spasm at 6.00am, the pain radiated round to my chest and I woke up drenched in sweat with massive pain in my chest! One rapid ambulance ride later, an ECG, and the cause was found!), they were digital and negative.
    Yikes!

NOT the way you want to start your day! Glad it was just a muscle spasm (I suspect you are too )...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob,

Too right I'm glad! The paramedics did an ECG right here in the flat when they arrived and said then it wasn't my heart, but because it was major chest pain (imagine the worst cramp you ever had, multiply by ten and put it on your chest) they had to take me into A&E. I was put on another ECG there, heart problem was completely ruled out, so major painkillers were administered and I was wheeled down to X-ray. Was released six hours later, high as a kite!
    The bonus is I now know my BP is 110 over 80 and my resting heart rate is 68 BPM, so I'm pretty healthy really, all that cycling has paid off!

Unfortunately I forgot to ask to keep the X-ray.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for this post...I have my latest spinal MRI and I've been thinking about contact printing it, but thought that would be too weird. No I won't feel weird at all doing it.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    Thanks for this post...I have my latest spinal MRI and I've been thinking about contact printing it, but thought that would be too weird. No I won't feel weird at all doing it.
    If you DIDN'T contact print it...now that would be weird.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    I needed a large +ve neg to try some photopolymer gravure printing the other day - so I printed on some pictorico OHP a X-ray photograph of a shell I had found on the net, it had great gradients from black to clear was smooth and also sharp etc.. so would be a good test for the process ...

turns out solarplate keeps the tonality very well I could even see the ink-jet blobs in the final printed piece

I immediately thought of my spinal x-ray at home - and I think I have some scans of my guts somewhere ...

great fun! should see stuff like this up on the wall at the doctors waiting room (;

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael - cool contact print. Glad it turned out to be a sinus problem, rather than the feared cranial encroachment. I, too, have film from a spinal MRI that I've considered contact printing. Now, thanks to the liberating nature of your post, I'll do it once the new darkroom is finished.

Andy - I'm also pleased that your pain in the chest wasn't heart related. Spinal nerve irritations do strange things, often resulting in pain or sensation far removed from the source.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought this thread had died...nice to see it hasn't.

I would think that anyone who is contact printing has a moral obligation to themselves to print out any negatives made of their own bodies in any capacity. MRI, CT, X-ray, etc...they are BEGGING to be liberated from their medical existance and enter the realm of 'art'.

You owe it to your negatives.
    Michael Slade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin