Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,447   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

CT scan of my skull - a Kallitype

I have been suffering from headaches for about the past 2-3 weeks. The last week they were so severe and unending that I went to the ER on Friday night and was checked out.

I had a CT scan done of my head, and struck up a nice conversation with the operator.

Of course I had to tell her I was a photographer and if I could look at the machine, understand how it works, etc. I also asked her if I could have a set of the film to take home and print.

She was curious how I was going to print it, so I explained how to contact print. She understood and thought it was interesting, so she made a few extra copies of the CT scan for me.

I trimmed out the 6 most interesting panels and printed them this morning as a Kallitype.

The brain tumor we all fear turns out in my case to be a severe case of Sinusitis. The medication and painkillers have laid me up for the past two days. I'm just now starting to feel like I can get up and do something productive besides surf the internet.

Playing around with the CT scan is making the recovery bearable.

Enjoy!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK, that's weird.

I dated a woman in college who had all of her medical records, including the Bill for her birth (given to her by her father when she turned 18). This isn't that weird, more of a pleasant, curious weird.

Mike Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdavis
    OK, that's weird.

I dated a woman in college who had all of her medical records, including the Bill for her birth (given to her by her father when she turned 18). This isn't that weird, more of a pleasant, curious weird.

Mike Davis
    The laughing is making my head hurt!

Images
    My brother had a CT scan and we have yet to let him live down the dr.'s pronouncments. "We got a clear view inside his head and could not find anything." SOmething his two brothers knew for years.

I have always wanted to contact my dad's array of x-rays. He has a ton of them. I think his knee replacements would look the best. I tried to contact some of my wrist x-rays but, at the time was doing it all on plain silver. I think you need a longer scale to than silver can provide. I see the Kallitype worked well.

I wonder what my wrist MRI's would look like?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My avatar is from my MRI. I've got a whole series of them proving once and for all I do have a brain! (although how well it works is a whole other issue!)
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! It never ceases to amaze me the things people will find to amuse themselves when housebound through illness!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    cool kallitypes!

when i was in college, i was friendly with people at a nearby hospital's xray department. they were happy to give me some of the xrays they were going to destroy and i used them in several projects i did.

one thing that i learned from a neighbor who is a radiologist is that here in the states doctors look and read the negative, but in england, they look at a positive print. i guess if you are a radiologist in england ( until everything went digital ) you must have had fun in the darkroom making prints

-john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True John. I had to have an X-ray of my back a couple of weeks ago (my entire muscle structure in my back went into spasm at 6.00am, the pain radiated round to my chest and I woke up drenched in sweat with massive pain in my chest! One rapid ambulance ride later, an ECG, and the cause was found!), they were digital and negative.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    One rapid ambulance ride later, an ECG, and the cause was found!), they were digital and negative.
    Wow who would have thought digital negatives could cause so much pain!
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Wow who would have thought digital negatives could cause so much pain!
    Best chuckle I've had all evening! Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin