Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,704   Online: 920

Shooter
    8x10 Format

How long can I storage Ferric Oxalate?

Hi,
    Maybe is a stupid question, but I don't know how long I can storage the solutions Nr1 and Nr2.
    I keep my bottles solution in my fride inside a plastic box.
    It's better for me to buy the powder chemicals and make the solutions by myself and storage them for short time?

Best

Stefano Germi
    Italy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "...until the cows come home." (It's late and it's been a long day -sorry"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10
    ...how long I can storage the solutions Nr1 and Nr2.
    I keep my bottles solution in my fride inside a plastic box.
    Once mixed into solution, I believe they start to deteriorate...

Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10
    ...It's better for me to buy the powder chemicals and make the solutions by myself and storage them for short time?
    Yes, it would be better to buy dry chemicals (which have a MUCH longer storage life) and mix up the small amounts as required.

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I but ferric oxalate as a powder because it is cheaper, easier to ship and I can buy in larger quantities to mix as needed.
    Once mixed, I have found it keeps a very long time in the refrigerator. One of the batches I am currently using was mixed in July, 2002. It stills clears well. Lack of clearing highlights is a first sign of deteriation.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been thinking to buy powder chemicals for my pd/pl prints, and before I read your reply in this forum I tought that the life of solutions were a bit more that I read on the internet or in some articles. Also the NA2 solution have a long storage life in their diluitions? Because I would like to start to use those solutions because I would like to buy for it powder chemicals.

Best

Stefano Germi
    Italy

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As Jim wrote keep loger in the refrigirator. The storage time depend on the weather , colder longer.
    I rarely keep mine longer than a month most of the time the bottle is already empty.

Na2 keep a log time without any problem. and here I count in years.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin