Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,253   Online: 1043

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim G.

I have used FO from Bostick & Sullivan for years, 'I have been keeping a small bottle that Dick made in 82?' and will try it some day. The best that I have found for me is to get 25mm dry packs and mix when needed. Just add distilled water and shake (the bottle that is). I mix the night before I need to work. It is like this one lady told me in the market "never buy avocados the day you want to eat them always get good ones and let them ripen".

Jan Pietrzak

ps if you have any business to do in Reno, NV stop by Truckee Meadows CC I have 50 plus print up in the gallery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10
    Hi,
    Instead of oxalic acid, what do you use?

Best

Stefano Germi
    Italy
    Don't use anything except the ferric oxalate powder and distilled water. That's all I've ever used and no problems. I too mix the night before I plan to print and by morning the ferric oxalate is ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823
    After you have added approximately 20 to 30 ml of peroxide, the reaction will produce a clear brown solution (it looks like root beer).
    Is it ready to drink yet?

This is worse than my moms ginger beer recipe.

Graham :-)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    close tight and place in back or fron packet of YOUR pants and take it with you for a hick or just keep in packet the Warm of you body and constant agitation generated by walking will give you a good result!!
    ask Kevin at BS
    Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

SO..."is that a bottle of Ferric Oxalate in your pocket or are you...

Ray Bidegain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin