Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,710   Online: 778

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the tips. Appreciate it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Today I did a double coat as per Sandy King's instruction and saw a big improvement in the print quality. Those few prints I made recently aren't good anymore. Looks like double coating will be routine for me. Thanks to all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this double coating thing only relevant to DOP Pt/Pd, or will it work with Zia too? I remember from "New Palladium Print", that authors opinion is that it's not worth the effort and expense.

Marko

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marko_trebusak
    Is this double coating thing only relevant to DOP Pt/Pd, or will it work with Zia too? I remember from "New Palladium Print", that authors opinion is that it's not worth the effort and expense.

Marko
    I think I read what Nze said somewhere in this forum that you could get a good black with zia without double coating.

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi

Double coating bring nothing to Zia. In the test I made the double coat was not as good as the single coat print.

But double coating bring 3 things:
    1. deeper black
    2. smoother tone
    3. and it change the curve of the process (for pd/pt) making more straigth in the low light

With zia you get the deeper black and smoother tone without double coating and the curve is quite different to the DOP curve due to the self masking effect.

The only thing I sometime find interesting is to coat , expose, coat, expose then clear a ziatype. In this way I get 1.8 Dmax on Arches palatine paper and as for gum it build all the tone.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for confirming that, Nze.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin