Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,450   Online: 982

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael thanks for the blog entry, I'm planning to start VDB in the next month or so and this really helps. To see is so much easier than to read. The prints look great from here.

Michael,

What formula are you using for the Vandyke Solution? If you're using Brown Ferric Ammonium Citrate, you can clean up the highlights by adding a couple drops of 5% oxalic acid solution to the coating mixture. It's a subtle change, but definitely worthwhile to get that extra punch from your images.

Unfortunately the oxalic acid doesn't do anything if you're using the green version of FAC.

-Dana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read about the oxalic acid, but unfortunately I am using the green FAC. I am pretty much done with VDB and am going to move to Ziatype, Pt/Pd and/or carbon next. I want to control contrast now.

Thanks for the compliments and tips.
    Michael Slade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin