Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 861

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be interested in something along the 25g range (potentially, but don't quote me on it, LOL), depending on how disasterous my bank statement falls out, and if it can be shipped to Canada without upsetting the gods of bordersecurity.

Cheers,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    We will keep all the interested parties from both threads informed of our progress.

Ray Bidegain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone:

I contacted both Artcraft and Engelhard today and got price quote. Here's the deal:

Artcraft
    250-500g: $8.80/g
    1 kg: $8.30/g

Engelhard
    250g: $8.00/g
    500g: $7.75/g
    1 kg: $7.50/g

I am asking a rep from Engelhard about other costs associated with a purchase. I did not contact the other place overseas since I am very reluctant to send a huge amount of money to overseas where I cannot speak the language and cannot get hold of them locally. Plus, there is 20% tax for importing Palladium if you do it legitimately. So the difference will not be worth taking a risk (not to mention, I do not want to take a risk with other people's money).

Also, I am hoping everyone would agree on a minimum order of 25 grams and ordering units of 25grams (So, 25g, 50g, 75g, 100g and so on). That way, we can ask them to pack individually when we order. I would assume anyone who is interested in this purchase would be OK with this.

Let us know how much you would like to order. Again the more the better! Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Last edited by Shinnya; 12-19-2005 at 02:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thank you for the leg work Tsuyoshi, timing can make a big difference on the price from engelhard as the price is based on market price which is a bit high today 260.00 it has been as low as 205.00 in the past 60 days. We may want to watch the market for a few days and see what happens.

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting...

I did not think about that at all. So, we need to get price forcasting...

tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bidegain
    Thank you for the leg work Tsuyoshi, timing can make a big difference on the price from engelhard as the price is based on market price which is a bit high today 260.00 it has been as low as 205.00 in the past 60 days. We may want to watch the market for a few days and see what happens.

Ray

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya
    Hi everyone:

I contacted both Artcraft and Engelhard today and got price quote. Here's the deal:

Artcraft
    250-500g: $8.80/g
    1 kg: $8.30/g

Engelhard
    250g: $8.00/g
    500g: $7.75/g
    1 kg: $7.50/g

I am asking a rep from Engelhard about other costs associated with a purchase. I did not contact the other place overseas since I am very reluctant to send a huge amount of money to overseas where I cannot speak the language and cannot get hold of them locally. Plus, there is 20% tax for importing Palladium if you do it legitimately. So the difference will not be worth taking a risk (not to mention, I do not want to take a risk with other people's money).

Also, I am hoping everyone would agree on a minimum order of 25 grams. That way, we can ask them to pack individually when we order. I would assume anyone who is interested in this purchase would be OK with this.

Let us know how much you would like to order. Again the more the better! Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Tsuyoshi,

Please put me down for 25g, I would like to do more but it's Christmas time.

Don Bryant

P.S. Perhaps we can do this once or twice a year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Update on group purchase of P. C.

Hi everyone:

Just want to give you an update:

1) I am still waiting to hear from a couple of more people to confirm the amount that they want. We are very close to 500g right now (475g to be exact). So depending on these people, we may get the price of $7.75.

2) I am waiting to hear from the rep at Engelhard to give me all the cost associated with the purchase, namely S/H and individual packaging. She was out yesterday, so hopefully she will get back to me today.

3) As soon as I can get above information, I will be able to figure out the final price. As for shipping to you (in US), I personally would like to use, at least, Priority Mail or Fedex Ground with insurance to ensure that there is less time in third party's hand. I want to minimize a chance of creating any complications out of the situation. For people from overseas, I would work out the details with you individually.

4) As soon as I figure out the final price, I would like you to send me the payment. Personal check, MO, or certified check. I can take Paypal with credit card payment as long as you add 3% of surcharge which they will eventually charge me. For Paypla via bank transfer there is no surcharge.

5) Also, please let me know your shipping address.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me directly. Thanks for your attention and cooperation.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FYI, here's a good place to track the price of platinum, palladium, gold, etc.

http://www.kitco.com/market/

Last time I put together a big group buy this was a very handy tool.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    If there is no problem to send to France, I'll buy 30 g.

Jimmy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone ever tried here:

http://mostlymetals.com/

PE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin