Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,719   Online: 784

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Prices look to be a lot heavier than those of Engelhard.

BTW, the Engelhard plant is located very close to Clemson University where I work. Unfortunately, it makes no sense for me to organize a group order since as a South Carolina resident I have to pay sales tax of 5% over the price of the metal. I organized an order of over $5000 a few years ago and after the fact realized that someone in another state could have saved over $250 on the order, all other conditions being the same.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Has anyone ever tried here:

http://mostlymetals.com/

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Anyone made any Rhodium prints lately? lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    FYI, here's a good place to track the price of platinum, palladium, gold, etc.

http://www.kitco.com/market/

Last time I put together a big group buy this was a very handy tool.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just bought some gold chloride from mostlymetals.com, and got a pretty good deal. The owner, Blake Ellis, is an alt process printer himself, and mostleymetals started as a buyers' club.

He's probably worth getting a quote from by e-mail, since he's also trying to put together group orders to get the best price, so he might be able to get a better price if he knows that you want a large amount (i.e., by combining your group order with the orders from his regular customers).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

Thanks for the lead. I did try him, but the price was not as good as others unfortunately. His best price was $9.02... Thanks though.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I just bought some gold chloride from mostlymetals.com, and got a pretty good deal. The owner, Blake Ellis, is an alt process printer himself, and mostleymetals started as a buyers' club.

He's probably worth getting a quote from by e-mail, since he's also trying to put together group orders to get the best price, so he might be able to get a better price if he knows that you want a large amount (i.e., by combining your group order with the orders from his regular customers).
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If it is not too late I would be interested in participating in the purchase. I would be interested in 50, maybe even 75 depending on timing.

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

For anyone who is interested in the purchase, it will be more likely that we will place the order the first week of January if not the later next week. Until then, you are more than welcome to join. Just directly send me an e-mail (skip PM!). Thanks.

Tsuyoshi

If it is not too late I would also be interested in participating in the purchase. I am interested in 50. Bulent Ozgoren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bulent,

I am sorry but you are a little too late. I have finalized the order and send the check already.

I am hoping to do it in 6 months or so. Maybe we can organize it so that we have a set date for bi-annual group purchase every year. I think everyone will benefit from it for sure. I would be happy to organize it again.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya
    I am hoping to do it in 6 months or so.
    Hell Tsuyoshi,

Did anything come of this? Wondering how the group purchase worked out. Consider me if you do this again.

Thanks,

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Hell Tsuyoshi,

Did anything come of this? Wondering how the group purchase worked out. Consider me if you do this again.

Thanks,

Bill
    Bill,

The group purchase went through and I received my order quite a long time ago--once he got the ball rolling Tsuyoshi had everything set-up and finished in a very short period of time. I'm set for right now, but would be interested in another group buy in January--I know Matt (scootermm) was looking to join a group buy so you may want to start a new thread and see if there is enough interest to do one now (I could probably go in for 25g right now).
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin