Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,930   Online: 935

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jerry's Artarama is not local to Atlanta. They have multiple locations. Here is the link I use:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/

The catalog store is located in Raleigh, NC. I ordered on line and was able to make a local pick up, thus saving a bunch on freight. Made those brushes really inexpensive.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found Jerry's last night, just for anyone that might be in or near New Orleans there is also Dixie Art with very good prices - $25 for a 2 inch, $54 for a 3 inch. When I ordered mine last year, they were actually drop shipped from Richeson. Guess if I knew what to look for in a brush, I might want to hold one too.

Hey Mike (good to see you BTW), have noticed the same problem with the paint...do most of you remove the paint or seal it some how?
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rubberized tool dip stuff you find in the hardware store will seal up the brush just fine. I dip it all the way just past where the metal ferrule touches the wood. You can get some pretty racy colors too: red,blue and of course, the artiste's choice, black

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I tried the rubberized tool dip but it also eventually peeled off, so I stripped the handle of all of the paint, sanded it thoroughly and allowed it to dry, then re-painted with a spray-on coat of black epoxy paint.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by clay
    Rubberized tool dip stuff you find in the hardware store will seal up the brush just fine. I dip it all the way just past where the metal ferrule touches the wood. You can get some pretty racy colors too: red,blue and of course, the artiste's choice, black

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys...had not thought about the tool dip. Figured that Iwould just sand it off.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin