Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,285   Posts: 1,681,164   Online: 785

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cycling is my main means of getting around as I don't have car. I actually find a combination of walking, cycling and public transport far more flexible than using a car. One of the beauties of cycling is that you can stop at a moment's notice and not miss the light trying to find somewhere to park.

I also feel that so many landscapes (rural and urban) in the UK are blighted by the presence of the infernal combustion machine and it's infrastructure and I do not wish to unnecessarily contribute to it. On the other hand, I have been known to hire or borrow a car or scrounge a lift although it feels very 'constrained'.
    Last edited by Rob Archer; 01-02-2007 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Pselinig!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Having just finished my first ride of 2007 (it was raining all day yesterday, so the 1st was a washout) I couldn't help but respond to the thread. As a side note, there is an interesting thread on mountain climbing and photography over on the LargeFormatPhotography site, so for whatever strange psychological reason there seem to be a lot of photographers who enjoy either climbing or cycling (but probably not climbing on bicycles, unless they're feather-weight Spaniards or Basques...) Anyway, I tend to fit more into the racer side of things, having finished 4 years of Master's racing in the 55+ category (which makes me 59) after doing a bunch of racing in my late-teens/early-20s, and then a long hiatus as a runner. Unlike many of the posters, I've always found a conflict between competitive sports and photography, essentially that if I was training hard as a runner or cyclist, I didn't have the energy to be a serious photographer. Those seasons where I was injured, and couldn't train as much, resulted in many better images! Since being hit by a car this past September, and "inheriting" a nice titanium screw in my arm to match my titanium bike, this looks like a year of "pleasant" cycling, and a lot more photography!
    Regards, Pete Lewin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I too took my first ride of '07. I rang in the new year far from home; but I still have my trustie schwinn fixie with me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ..another cyclist
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oops - grabbed on ride on 12/31 out in Tucson and then came back East. So no 2007 ride in yet.

But maybe, if the rain lets up, I'll get an unprecedented January ride up here in Copake tomorrow (Jan. 6) as we enjoy this weird El Nino winter. Temp is supposed to get to 62F tomorrow - amazing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just finished my first '07 ride. Pretty extraordinary conditions for these parts, 60+ F , and a 60 year high temp record set on Mt Washington for the date.
    Nice light too with sunlight coming under the storm clouds and blue sky above them, but didn't take a camera.

Barry

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin