Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,641   Online: 996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

UK Paper Supplier Needed

Hello people!

I am in the UK and am looking for a paper merchant/art store that stocks paper suitable for alt processes, specifically albumen. I'm trying to locate an online stockist for Cranes (Kid Finish 32, Platinotype or Parchment Wove 44), Arches Platinotype and Strathmore 500 Drawing plate finish. Or suitable alternatives. The paper has to be thin, 100% cotton rag and sized.

I have found Arches Platine at Silverprint and have tried TN Lawrence, but cannot locate a supplier for the other types of paper.

If anyone here can point me in the right direction - or at a suitable paper I can use and find over here - I would be much obliged!

Regards,
    Neil.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Neil,

I bought once Crane's Cover paper (Platinotype) in UK from The Very Interesting Paper Co Ltd vip@vipaper.co.uk. Waiting for better addresses, you could write them.

Jimmy

Images
    I have an art catalogue in front of me and there is a company called Two Rivers Paper Mill, a UK company in Somerset. I was reading on a site that their paper is used for "some photographic purposes". WIsh I could remember the site that was on.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Neil,

Try...

www.atlantisart.co.uk/

They usually have good stocks of paper and if you can get there, they are open seven days a week. Interesting place.

Regards

Barry

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Miller
    Hello people!I'm trying to locate an online stockist for Cranes (Kid Finish 32, Platinotype or Parchment Wove 44), Arches Platinotype and Strathmore 500 Drawing plate finish. Neil.
    I presume you have "googled" the papers you are looking for restricting the search to UK.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the responses! Some nice leads there for sure! Thanks for the link Barry - I have not come across the specific paper I want, but the site has a lot of other things that I need, especially resins and gums, thanks! Roy - I have googled for hours, it's a failing of mine, but I couldn't find an online store in the UK, which is the very first thing I tried. Lots of Strathmore 500 bristol board, but I want very thin paper. I feel another google session coming on...

Thanks to all,
    Neil.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I have an art catalogue in front of me and there is a company called Two Rivers Paper Mill, a UK company in Somerset. I was reading on a site that their paper is used for "some photographic purposes". WIsh I could remember the site that was on.
    Maybe this site? http://www.heatoncooper.co.uk/frame3.html

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Images
    My Mistake. The company I saw the photo processes about was Twin Rocker here in the states. Sorry
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Peguet
    Neil,

I bought once Crane's Cover paper (Platinotype) in UK from The Very Interesting Paper Co Ltd vip@vipaper.co.uk. Waiting for better addresses, you could write them.

Jimmy
    Thanks Jimmy - best lead so far! I contacted VIP and, although they do not have the same paper they think that they might have a good alternative and are sending me some examples to test.

Regards,
    Neil.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Miller
    I contacted VIP... Neil.
    I suppose they have no webpages.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin