Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,984   Online: 835

Thread: emulsion lifts

Shooter
    Multi Format

emulsion lifts

hey everyone...
    i'm wondering if anybody knows whether poloroid 664 film can be used in instant slide printers with the same options as 669? as far as i can tell, its just a B&W version of the same thing, with an iso of 100 rather than 80...no? but on every website i look on re: info on the film or the slide printer or even instructions on emulsion lifts themselves, it lists 669 and others but NOT 664. i guess i could just try it out - but its an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    According to the book "Polaroid Transfers", you need to use boiling water rather then the cooler 160 degree (F) water needed for 669 film. You also need to coat the receptor paper with Liquitex or similar product before applying the emulsion. Step by step details are provided on page 45 of the book. Hope this helps!

- Randy

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We have never tried that product for lift's but test it out and see what happens. Or, call the tech support people at polaroid and they will tell you first hand.

also check polariod 's website for specific directions if you can't find the book.

we use contact paper on the back on the photo before "boiling" it. works like a charm
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been looking into emulsion lifts and the polaroid site list that film as usable and gives you explicit instructions on what to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be curious if you are successful. I boiled a 664 print forever and had no luck getting it to budge. The paper separated from itself, but the emulsion did not loosen. I was curious if something different was going on with this stuff, since I too had read that the 664 could be lifted.

thanks-
    Tammy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yikes!
    well i bought some...we'll see how it goes i guess, but if you didn't have any luck tammy i doubt i will. oh well i guess its worth a shot. thanks everyone, i'll check out that site before i get started.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to have a black thumb at times. So, I would say to go ahead and try it- if it doesn't work, it's still a very nice bw pack film.

-Tammy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Natalie and TammyK,

I used to make a lot of emulsion transfers with Polaroid 664 black and white film with the specific instructions for it in my book Polaroid Transfers, and on the Polaroid website. However, recently I've had several students say that no matter how long they boiled the print, they couldn't get the emulsion to separate from the paper substrate. I'm guessing that something has changed with the film. You could call Polaroid's technical assistance hotline at 800-225-1618 and ask for Sue Gagnon. She might know. What happened when you tried?

Kathleen

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin