Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,759   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

suitability of Ammoniumtetrachloroplatinate for Zia

I'm trying to speed up my supply of chemicals, and although Bostick and Sullivan are nice folks, they are just too far away for convenience. I had to buy a Pt solution, and I found that I can get it from Lotus, but they only have ammonium version of salt instead of Potassium.

I'm working with Zia printing, and I'm substituting some of Pd with Pt for better shadow separation and I would like to know if Ammonium Chloroplatinate can be used instead of Potassium Chloroplatinate?

Thank you
    Marko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I've been checking lately in chemistry supplies, my guess is that the ammonium will be more expensive than the potassium chloroplatinate. Can someone confirm this?

G

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by marko_trebusak
    I'm trying to speed up my supply of chemicals, and although Bostick and Sullivan are nice folks, they are just too far away for convenience. I had to buy a Pt solution, and I found that I can get it from Lotus, but they only have ammonium version of salt instead of Potassium.

I'm working with Zia printing, and I'm substituting some of Pd with Pt for better shadow separation and I would like to know if Ammonium Chloroplatinate can be used instead of Potassium Chloroplatinate?

Thank you
    Marko
    Though I've never used it my guess is that it will work, okay. I'm not sure that the addition of platinum or substitution of platinum will give better shadow seperation. Check out Mike Ware's site for some additional information about ammonium salts. As far as B&S go they are good vendors and I've never had a problem with them.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    As far as B&S go they are good vendors and I've never had a problem with them.

Don Bryant
    Thank you both for reply.

Don, it's not that I had problems with them, they are nice people to work with. But problem is in Atlantic Ocean. Things need enormous amount of time to cross it :rolleyes:.

Marko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko you may have already seen this on the Bostick&Sullivan site, but check this article out. In it there is a discussion of Mike Ware using ammonium chloroplatinite (not ammonium chloroplatinate I realize).

So you might try contacting Ware or even Sullivan or Weese to get their input. Like Don, think it is possible, just not sure what the results will be. Let us know how it works out.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin