Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 982

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No problems here, and I look forward to whatever you can contribute. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE: I find your posts fascinating and inspiring in equal measure. Please keep them coming.

My experience with reviving lapsed technology is that the problems lie not with gummed up machinery or badly-written manuals, but in the lack of a chain of practical experience. The key person is not the whizz-bang inventor or the head of the lab, but the grizzled technician who knows which lever to coax with a lump hammer and which to let well alone, which roller needs re-seating on alternate Tuesdays and which grease to use on the irreplacable gasket to keep it supple. In my mind's eye you are that technician. Hats off.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Keep them coming!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV
    PE,

I know many people really do appreciate your work and postings here. I love to hear about your progress.

But please understand that many folks simply can't afford the time for a workshop. I wish I could, and yours would be the first! I would love to do my own emulsions. Time is harder to come by than money...

Also understand that most people do not post at all. And many don't post in some forums unless they really feel compelled. Every time I post on APUG I get nothing but negativity, rants and arguements. Why bother? The art of discussion is long gone, especially if you have a differing opinion from the ruling class...

Please continue your work and keep us posted. People may not respond on-line, but they are reading and interested!
    Rich;

You are always welcome to stop by for a demo!

Bring a negative and you are welcome to coat your own paper and make your own print!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    PE, you say you're sensitized, but are you emulsified as well?
    Only ortho, but not pan.

I got pan, but it was foggy and by accident.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, here goes. Here is an AgBr emulsion, doped and then spectrally sensitized. I have since reduced the fog. This is about equal to MGIV in sensitivity and speed and about 1.5 - 2.0 in contrast.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, that didn't work.

I'll try again...

Pe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, whats going on. It said "Uploading attachment" then the message vanished and no upload?

OOOPS. Sorry. I store my data as hi-res scans. Yuk. It was my fault for having a super hi-res image.

I'm changing it right now. Sorry for the posts.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope this works.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spectral sensitivity 1 AgBr and I reduced.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright!

The top is the raw emulsion. The next is the doped emulsion, which became more foggy. I have since controlled the fog. #s 3 - 5 are levels of ortho sensitizing dyes and the bottom item is Ilford MGIV at the same exposure level to show relative speed.

These exposures were using a Bausch and Lomb monochromator in a device called a spectrosensitometer. It is used to measure the H&D curve as a function of spectral sensitivity. I have one on loan in my DR right now.

PE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin