Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,705   Online: 892

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    PE

can't wait for your next upload!

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is from a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 paper negative shot in a Polaroid holder in a Polaroid back in my RZ 67.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails paper pos iso 100.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was ISO 100. I am now at 200 and working on ortho sensitivity.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is mouth watering stuff!!

I cannot wait, until you have a saleable product that I can obtain.

I'll never get to one of your workshops, being this far away from the USA.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, this is an ISO 200 (hopefully) ortho sensitized emulsion from last night. I have not had a chance to expose it in-camera, but you can compare the wedge spectrogram with the previous ones as they were all made at the same exposure time and intensity.

The apparent red sensitivity at the right is due to the huge overexposure and a harmonic in the spectro sensitometer, as I didn't have a UV filter in place.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISO 200 wedge spectrogram.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And here it is.

ISO 200, ortho sensitive from a paper negative, inverted to make a positive.

I should add, this was run #1, the above wedge spectrogram confirming it was run #2 and has not been used in-camera. I used a different method in the wedge spectrogram above to help stabilize the image and reduce fog.

It worked.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISO 200 paper pos.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have all of this on film support as well, but the weather has been so crappy here in Rochester that it is like twilight at noon.

As soon as I can, I will expose the film examples. I expect them to be about ISO 25 - 50 but less grainy and sharper. The apparent grain you see are paper fibers and they also contribute to the apparent lack of sharpness in paper negatives.

It is hard getting the film support. I just have a small supply and I want to reserve it for the workshop and for my own experiments. I'm working on getting a bigger supply.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work here, PE, we love seeing this kind of stuff; definetely keep us posted on these advancements!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE, this is all well above my head but very interesting nonetheless. I can see your current efforts as being very worth while in the future as further cuts in commercially available B+W products further limit our options. Good luck with it. Have you considered gathering a team of ex-Kodak employees/engineers and starting a small production company? That would be very interesting to say the least!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lawton
    PE, this is all well above my head but very interesting nonetheless. I can see your current efforts as being very worth while in the future as further cuts in commercially available B+W products further limit our options. Good luck with it. Have you considered gathering a team of ex-Kodak employees/engineers and starting a small production company? That would be very interesting to say the least!

Daniel;

Shhhhhhh!

I live next door to the "great yellow jello" or "the 500 # gorilla" depending on their mood. Don't clue them in. Please.

PE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin