Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,119   Online: 1059

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL Ok!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    its posts like this that verify there is light at the end of the tunnel -

thanks!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    It is hard getting the film support. I just have a small supply and I want to reserve it for the workshop and for my own experiments. I'm working on getting a bigger supply.

PE
    Would something like drafting mylar or the clear film used for making overhead projector transparencies be a suitable base for your experiements, rather than actual film base?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Would something like drafting mylar or the clear film used for making overhead projector transparencies be a suitable base for your experiements, rather than actual film base?

Craig;

Thanks, but that won't work. It has to be a special subbing applied with a mixture of ingredients that change polarity from 'plastic' to 'gelatin'. That is a gross over simplification.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Daniel;

Shhhhhhh!

I live next door to the "great yellow jello" or "the 500 # gorilla" depending on their mood. Don't clue them in. Please.

PE
    I'm sure they'd quiver with fear now that they've all but driven a stake into the heart of traditional materials. "Retired employee resurrects traditional products and makes senior management look like....well....since they're yellow...Brassholes!!!" You go guy!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Holga
    PE, stuff's way above my head. But I'd love you to spread the word. Maybe one day I'll be able to [/have to] soup my own stuff. Best of luck.
    A new photo blog of B&W Street photos: GhostManOnFirst.com (2006-02-05)

Shooter
    Large Format
    PE

I find your posts among the most interesting on this forum. Please keep up the great work.

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    It is hard getting the film support. I just have a small supply and I want to reserve it for the workshop and for my own experiments. I'm working on getting a bigger supply.

PE

Something like the dye transfer sheets that have been recently revived? Or the processor cleanup sheets I've seen that have a layer of gelation on it already? Saw some on Ebay a while back.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    PE,

Keep at it. As I said in an recent thread when you were getting lots of negative feedback from the EK bashers, it's great to have a true expert among us. We're all learning from your posts regardless of how long we've been at this. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Something like the dye transfer sheets that have been recently revived? Or the processor cleanup sheets I've seen that have a layer of gelation on it already? Saw some on Ebay a while back.

The dye transfer sheets might work but already have silver in them. The cleanup sheets might work. I was looking at them recently.

PE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin